M&M Brownies are easy rich fudge brownies filled with colorful chocolate M&M candies and semi-sweet chocolate chips that your whole family will love!
If you’re torn between making Fudge Brownies or M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies, this brownie recipe is for you! Be sure to look for more Brownie Recipes too they’re easy to make and perfect for birthday parties or lunch boxes!
This M&M Brownies recipe starts with a homemade double chocolate brownie mix and then folds in a whole cup M&Ms! These hard shell chocolate candies add a little bit of crunch while still keeping that signature “melt in your mouth” you know and love.
These brownies are great especially if you have kids who love to bake! It’s an easy recipe that kids can make. You may want to grab an extra bag of M&M candies since snacking on the chocolate candies while baking might as well be a step.
Like our classic brownie recipe, this one uses cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate which makes it so much easier with all the same fudgy rich chocolate goodness. No need to worry about burning the chocolate or little fingers dunking in molten chocolate.
M&M Brownies are perfect birthday party treats, weeknight desserts, or lunchbox snacks. This easy recipe technically makes 16 larger brownies, but no one has to know you cut them in half for the kids’ lunchbox desserts.
One of the best parts of M&M Brownies is that you can use practically any M&M candy in this recipe. Try out their new or seasonal flavors throughout the year or grab color themed M&Ms. Try red, white, and blue M&M candies for Fourth of July or pastel M&Ms for Easter and baby showers.
Serve M&M Brownies with a little dusting of powdered sugar or chocolate frosting (like the one in these Iced Fudge Brownies) for extra special brownies. Warm brownies taste amazing with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream. For chocolate lovers, try Dark Chocolate Ice Cream for a super chocolaty dessert!
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON M&M BROWNIES
- Caramel: Drizzle your baked M&M Brownies with Salted Caramel Sauce or melt caramels and stir into the brownie batter.
- M&M Candies: Swap out regular M&M candies for pretty much any other kind. Some favorites are mini M&M candies, peanut butter M&M candies or Reese’s Pieces, and caramel M&M candies.
- Cheesecake: Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla for a cheesecake swirl for these brownies. Check out these Cheesecake Brownies for inspiration!
- Nutella: Add a 1/2 cup of rich chocolate hazelnut spread, aka Nutella, to your brownie batter for gooey, chewy brownies.
- Chocolate Chips: Try dark chocolate or white chocolate chips instead of the semisweet chocolate chips. You could also try baking chips like mint chocolate chips or peanut butter chips!
- Nuts: For extra crunch, stir in a 1/2 cup chopped nuts like peanuts, toasted almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
MORE KID-FRIENDLY DESSERTS:
HOW TO STORE M&M BROWNIES
- Serve: M&M Brownies can be at room temperature for up to 4 days in a cool, dry place. Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store: Keep your M&M Brownies in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Freeze: Cool brownies completely. Freeze for 1 hour on baking sheet then transfer to an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
M&M Brownies are an easy chocolaty kid friendly dessert! Chewy fudge brownies filled with colorful chocolate M&M candies and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 3/4 cup M&M candies.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup M&Ms over the batter.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.