Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies (aka Brookies) are two desserts made into one gooey cookie bar. Fudgy brownie and chocolate chip cookie dough in one!
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIES (Brookies)
When it come to desserts, there are two strong camps on the best easy classic dessert. There are brownie people and there are chocolate chip cookie people. Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies are the dessert that doesn’t make you pick side!
This Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie, also known as a Chocolate Chip Brookie, is a hybrid of chocolate brownies and chocolate chip cookies that leaves everyone satisfied. They are so easy, hardly any extra work than your regular cookie and brownie recipes you normally make separately.
For this Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie recipe, there isn’t a box brownie mix or refrigerated cookie dough in sight. It’s made completely from scratch and it’s still done in less than an hour! The hardest part of this Brookies recipe is waiting for them too cool enough to gobble up!
Easily whip up these Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies whenever a craving hits or make them ahead! To make future snacking easier, cut Brookies into individual squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze on baking sheet for 1-2 hours and then transfer to a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months.
These warm, chocolate brownie cookie bars are perfection on their own with an ice cold glass of milk. If you want a topping, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with Caramel Sauce. For neat, even squares cool your Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies completely before cutting. Pop them in fridge for an hour to make cutting even easier.
If you are making Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies for an extra special dessert, serve them with Vanilla Ice Cream or Cool Whip. Top them with Chocolate Ganache and refrigerate until ganache has set for a fudge layer that won’t melt everywhere.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIES
- Cookie Dough: Use another favorite homemade cookie dough recipe like Sugar Cookies or Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Chocolate Chips: Swap out the semisweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. You can also add chocolate chips to the brownie batter.
- Peanut Butter: Swirl in slightly melted creamy peanut butter to the brownie layer after pouring over the cookie dough. For more peanut butter flavor, add peanut butter chips to the cookie dough.
- Nuts: Add chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans to the brownie batter for a nutty, crunchy brownie layer.
- Brownie Mix: Save time on this recipe by using a box brownie mix instead of making homemade brownies. For richer box brownies, use butter instead of oil and add an extra egg.
- Brownie Batter: Use another Brownie Recipe instead of chocolate brownie mix. Peanut Butter Brownies would taste delicious with the chocolate chip cookie layer.
MORE DELICIOUS, EASY DESSERT BARS
HOW TO STORE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BROWNIES
- Serve: These Chocolate Chip Brookies can kept at room temperature for up to 4 days. Cover and keep in a cool dry place.
- Store: Store your cookie bars the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. Use parchment paper if layering so they don’t stick.
- Freeze: Cool Brookies completely before transferring to a freezer safe sealed container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
Beat softened butter, brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a large bowl until creamy.
Add 1 egg; beat until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Whisk 1 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and baking soda together in a bowl.
Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is combined.
Stir chocolate chips into dough. Spread dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to cover completely.
Stir 1 cup white sugar, melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract together in a bowl; add 2 eggs and beat well.
Mix cocoa powder into butter mixture until well combined.
Stir 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and 1/8 teaspoon salt into cocoa mixture until batter is combined.
Pour brownie batter over cookie dough and spread to cover completely.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brookies comes out clean.
Cool completely before cutting into bars.