Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops are a one pot meal with a creamy sauce, buttery mushrooms and tender pork in just 30 minutes.
CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
Pork Chops with creamy mushroom sauce are a fantastic weeknight main course because of how quickly you can put together an entree that tastes like it took hours. As far as rich, thick sauce for pork chops go, using a can of creamy mushroom soup is a great shortcut that tastes amazing and makes this easy dinner recipe even easier.
This version of Smothered Pork Chops won’t take all afternoon to make because it uses creamy mushroom soup to make a decadent, yet easy, gravy that just tastes like it took you much longer to make!
And if you want to make this a homemade meal, use my homemade Condensed Mushroom Soup recipe that I use in all these recipes. You can make it ahead too and still make this a quick and easy meal for a weeknight.
These Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops are great with a side of Mashed Potatoes and Root Veggies covered in sauce. This particular recipe calls for bone-in Pork Chops, but you can also use it for boneless chops just as easily, but the cook time may differ slightly.
The best thing about this delicious recipe is that when you sear the pork, it comes out golden brown, crisp and tender all at the same time. Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops are a quick, easy dinner to make on a busy weeknight. You can also make it a day or two ahead of when you want to serve it up to save yourself some time. This easy recipe is one that you’ll want to break out again and again when you’re pressed for time but can’t stand to hit up one more drive through.
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
- Season your pork chops with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add them to a large skillet (that you have a cover for) on high heat and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Pour the soup over the pork chops, onions and mushrooms then cover the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.
MORE TASTY PORK RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS
- Add ins: Add a few minced garlic cloves and paprika to make garlic Mushroom Pork Chops. You could also add a dash of white wine to the skillet to add a little moisture to the pork chops while you sauté them.
- Homemade Cream Soup: If you have a bit more time and ingredients on hand, I would recommend making homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup for this recipe. It will give you so much more flavor and none of the preservatives found in the canned versions.
- Condensed Cream Soups: Speaking of making homemade cream soups, you can swap out Cream of Celery or Cream of Chicken for a twist on the gravy flavor in this dish.
- Mushroom Overload: If you love mushrooms, serve these with Cream of Mushroom Pork Chops with rice using my Mushroom Rice recipe and a side of Roasted Garlic Butter Mushrooms for an explosion of earthy, delicious flavor!
CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS FAQS
- What pork chop is the most tender? You want to use pork loin cut thin. You can also use a pork tenderloin, but they will cook at different rates.
- Why are my pork chops tough? Pork chops are traditionally thin, so they cook really quickly. Overcooking them makes them tough.
- What should I serve with pork chops? This kind of pork chop dish goes best with simple starches like rice or potatoes, and light veggies like green beans or broccoli.
- What if I don’t have a skillet cover? That’s okay, I use a large heavy pan that has a larger base than the skillet I am cooking with. You can alternately use a large cookie sheet and weigh it down with a second pan or use a sheet of foil (the hard part here will be crimping against a hot pan so use pot holders if you use foil). You just want to keep the moisture in your pan.
EASY SIDE DISH RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK
HOW LONG ARE CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS GOOD?
- Serve: You shouldn’t leave Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops out at room temperature for longer than about 2 hours.
- Store: You can keep Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops in the fridge for up to 3 days. Always let them cool down to room temperature before you seal them up and put them away.
- Freeze: You can freeze cooked Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops for up to 3 months. You want to make sure that the pork chops are tightly sealed to prevent freezer burn.
WHEN ARE CREAMY MUSHROOM PORK CHOPS SAFE TO EAT?
According to the USDA’s Official Website, pork chops are completely cooked through and ready to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (62.7 degrees C.) You should always check the thickest part of the pork chops with a meat thermometer to make sure that they’re completely cooked through before you serve them up to make sure no one gets sick.
These are crazy delicious with my Easy Stick of Butter Rice like pictured above!
Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops
Creamy Mushroom Pork Chops are a one pot meal with a creamy ranch sauce, buttery mushrooms and tender pork in just 30 minutes.
- 4 pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms , sliced
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
Season your pork chops with salt, pepper and thyme.
Add them to a large skillet (that you have a cover for) on high heat and sear for 3 minutes on each side.
Add the onion and mushrooms to the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes until the onions are translucent.
Pour the soup over the pork chops, onions and mushrooms then cover the skillet.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes.