Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup is hearty, colorful, and packed with flavors from delicious veggies then made more filling with rice and topped with cheese!
When you’re looking for a cozy Dinner Recipe that’s going to warm you right up, it’s hard to beat a delicious bowl of soup! If you like our Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup, then you’re sure to love this stovetop vegetarian take on it.
VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
This hearty soup is inspired by Stuffed Peppers. The easy Pepper Soup recipe has all the flavors and textures you love from stuffed peppers, but made so much simpler! There’s no need to take out the pepper fillings and try to get it into the perfect bowl shape like you would for a homestyle stuffed pepper. Instead, the red, and green peppers, uncooked rice, and other healthy ingredients are cooked together in a one-pot meal of Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup.
To get all the rich flavors of the creamy tomato and vegetable broth, serve this Easy Pepper Soup recipe with your favorite bread. You can use any crusty bread for dipping into the soup and soaking up every drop. A fresh baguette, Dinner Roll, or Garlic Bread would all taste amazing.
Although Stuffed Pepper Soup is vegetarian-friendly, anyone will enjoy it. The wonderful vegetables bring lots of colors and flavor to this healthy soup. They’re all seasoned to perfection and balanced out by white rice and a sprinkle or cheese. Even picky eaters won’t be able to resist the smoky flavor and nice aroma of Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup. It’s an instant hit with anyone who tries it!
MORE SOUP RECIPES
TIPS FOR MAKING DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- Prep time: Start by cutting all the vegetables so you’re ingredients are ready to go. Add olive oil to the base of a heavy bottom pan or dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until translucent. Make sure to stir so that they cook evenly. It should only take 5-6 minutes.
- Cooking time: Add in the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, bell peppers, seasonings, and uncooked rice to the pot. Stir well and reduce the heat after the soup comes to a boil. Continue cooking on low for 20 minutes until the rice is nice and tender. At that point add half your parmesan cheese to mix in and melt
- Serve: Ladle the warm soup into bowls and top with the remaining parmesan cheese. You can also add other favorite toppings like crackers, bread crumbs, or extra cheese.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup: To make Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup the only thing you’ll have to change in the recipe is taking the parmesan cheese out. You can either leave the cheese out of the recipe entirely or buy a vegan cheese to put in the Vegan Stuffed Pepper Soup.
- Rice: You can change up the recipe with the kind of rice you use. Try brown rice, organic rice, or regular white rice. To go even healthier you can use frozen cauliflower rice or fresh organic cauliflower rice. If you want to exchange the rice entirely or just add more filling ingredients add red lentils, green lentils, or chickpeas.
- Protein: If you want a more filling recipe and don’t care about it staying vegetarian, add in some ground beef, chicken or turkey. To keep it vegetarian use meat substitutes like tofu or tempeh.
- Vegetables: Add in some extra veggies like mushrooms, corn, celery, or frozen spinach. You could also add different kinds of tomatoes like roma tomatoes or fire-roasted tomatoes to give the soup a more smoky flavor.
- Broth: Also, if you aren’t worried about keeping the recipe vegetarian, you can substitute the 4 cups of vegetable broth with chicken broth or beef broth.
- Seasonings: For some extra seasoning add a tablespoon of Italian seasoning, paprika, cayenne pepper, or onion powder. You could also mix in some fresh herbs like fresh parsley, rosemary, or thyme.
INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- Put the instant pot to sauté function and cook the garlic and onion in oil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, except the parmesan cheese.
- Switch from sauté function to pressure cook.
- Seal and cook for 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then press the release pressure button. Leave sitting for an additional 10 minutes.
- Add in the parmesan and serve.
RECIPES TO SERVE WITH VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
HOW TO STORE VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPER SOUP
- Serve: Don’t leave Healthy Stuffed Pepper Soup at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: After it’s cooled, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge. The soup will stay good for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: Stuffed Pepper Soup also makes a perfect freezer meal. Sealed properly in an airtight container, it will keep well for up to 6 months.
Vegetarian Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 29 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 29 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 1 red bell pepper , diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper , diced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup rice , uncooked
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese , grated or shredded
- To a large pot add the olive oil, onion, and garlic on medium heat.
Cook, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes or until translucent.
- Add in the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and rice.
- Stir well, bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low heat.
Cook for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Add in half the parmesan and mix, reserve the rest for garnish when serving.