Classic Garlic Bread made with garlic, butter, salt and bread in just 10 minutes. Never buy pre-made or frozen garlic bread again!
Garlic may seem like a no brainer right? Garlic, butter and salt? Yes, of course, but getting the right methods down are key to the perfect crispy and chewy garlic bread.
Fresh or old bread for Garlic Bread
French bread is best in Garlic bread recipes because you’ll preserve the chewy texture of the bread. Using older bread will result in overly messy and crunchy garlic bread.
Tips for the perfect Garlic Bread:
- Use freshly chopped garlic, never bottled.
- Use the best butter you’ve got. This isn’t the ingredient to skimp on.
- If you’ve got average butter pump it up a bit with some olive oil for flavor.
- If you like a hint of spice use some crushed red pepper.
- If you want a more frozen garlic bread flavor use Lawry’s Garlic Salt in place of regular salt.
- If you’d like Cheesy Garlic Bread use mozzarella and Parmesan on the bread just before baking.
What else can garlic butter be used for?
You can use the garlic butter in place of regular butter when cooking steak or fish if you want that extra garlic kick. I also sometimes like to eat plain pasta tossed in garlic butter, using it on baked or mashed potatoes, and on my Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots.
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 loaf french bread sliced open
- parsley optional
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Microwave the garlic, butter and kosher salt in a small bowl until the butter is meted (about 30 seconds.)
Brush the mixture onto the french bread and bake for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Garnish with parsely if you'd like and cut into slices to serve.