Valentine’s Day Chocolate Oreos are EASY to make with sandwich cookies coated in white chocolate and set until they’re sweet and crunchy, and decorated with Valentine’s day sprinkles!
Chocolate covered desserts are PERFECT for the holidays because you can serve them at parties or give them away as gifts, like these Chocolate Covered Graham Crackers, Chocolate Covered Oreos, and Chocolate Covered Pretzels!
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Oreos
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Oreos are the PERFECT treat to make this Valentine’s Day, made with crunchy Oreo cookies dipped into white chocolate with cinnamon flavor and decorated with holiday sprinkles.
You can hand these out as treats for a party, or wrap them in plastic with red, white, and pink ribbons to give out as gifts. Dipping the cookies in the chocolate and decorating is also a great kid-friendly holiday activity!
can valentine’s day chocolate oreos be made ahead?
You can make these cookies up to 3 weeks ahead of time, and store them in an airtight container on the counter. If you’re giving them as gifts, I recommend making them within a few days of giving them away so they’re as fresh as possible.
can you freeze chocolate oreos?
I don’t recommend freezing these Oreos because the chocolate can form condensation when it’s defrosting, and they won’t look good when you serve them. The only time I’ll do this is if I’m eating them straight from the freezer, and not planning on giving them away.
what else can you use to decorate these cookies?
- Red sprinkles
- Mini chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate drizzle
- Coconut flakes
- Crushed cookies or graham crackers
- Flaky salt
Create a free account to Save Recipes
more chocolate desserts
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Rich Chocolate Frosting
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Chocolate Pudding
tips for making Valentine’s Day Chocolate Oreos
- Use food coloring to make fun colored white chocolate, like pink or red, then decoratively drizzle with extra white chocolate.
- Use lollipop sticks through the middle of the Oreo to make Valentine’s Day chocolate covered Oreo pops!
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave, or you can melt it in a double boiler, whisking continuously until all lumps are gone.
- Add any toppings before the chocolate has completely set, so it’ll hold the toppings in place when it does. You can also add a touch of pink frosting under the sprinkles, as an extra decoration that will also hold the sprinkles in place.
- Try making these Valentine’s Day Chocolate Oreos with peppermint or strawberry flavored Oreos!
- Use coconut oil, a few drops at a time, to smooth out the melted chocolate if needed.
- I don’t recommend using chocolate chips in place of the chocolate disks, because the discs will be much smoother. You can use almond bark instead of white chocolate for this recipe, which is smoother and richer than melting wafers.
- You can use dark or milk chocolate for this recipe if you don’t want to use white chocolate.
Valentine's Day Chocolate Oreos
Valentine's Day Chocolate Oreos are EASY to make with sandwich cookies coated in white chocolate and set until they're sweet and crunchy, and decorated with Valentine's day sprinkles!
Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 second increments. Stir in cinnamon extract.
Use a fork to dip the Oreos in the chocolate, scraping the excess chocolate off of the fork. Place the Oreos on parchment paper to harden.
Use the rest of the chocolate in a piping bag, squeezing over the Oreos, then topping with heart sprinkles. Let the Oreos rest until fully hardened.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.