Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip make with chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce is topped with cheddar cheese and made in the slow cooker. Perfect to bring to a potluck or to serve at a party!
SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Our classic Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is among the most popular recipes on the site for a reason. It is a fan favorite! Easy to make, great flavors, no messy Buffalo Wing fingers to tackle when handling the remote during the big game. The list of reasons goes on and on.
What is Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Buffalo Chicken dip is a mixture of chicken breast meat, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing that is baked together to recreate the flavors of buffalo wings being dipped in ranch dressing.
This recipe is versatile
- Perfect for Leftovers: Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is the PERFECT dish to serve as an appetizer at a party, and is my go-to when I need to bring something to a potluck. Have a leftover rotisserie chicken? Make this recipe, because this dip is also the perfect way to use up leftovers!
- No leftovers: If you don’t have leftovers to use, just add cut up boneless chicken breast and 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil in a skillet until chicken is cooked through. Then add to slow cooker with other ingredients. This is a great addition to a game day get-together or just something extra special on a normal taco night.
- Make it healthier: You can lighten this recipe up by subbing the cream cheese with Neufchatel cheese, using reduced-fat ranch dressing, and lean skinless cuts of chicken. Sometimes I also add a dash of garlic powder or some extra cayenne to make it extra spicy.
- Can you make slow cooker buffalo chicken dip with blue cheese? You can sub half or all of the cheddar cheese in this buffalo chicken dip recipe with crumbled bleu cheese if that’s your preference. Blue cheese adds that tangy flavor that is usually served with buffalo chicken wings.
- We recommend using half blue cheese and half another type, to keep that desirable stretchy cheese going in your dip. You can use the cheddar, mozzarella, Gruyere, or American cheese. Shredding your cheese from a block works best, but pre-shredded will work in a pinch.
BUFFALO FLAVORED RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can YOU MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP IN THE OVEN?
- Mix all ingredients together, reserving some cheese for later.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese or hot sauce and bake for total time of 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- If the top doesn’t turn golden brown, turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes. Watch closely to make sure it doesn’t burn.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BUFFALO SAUCE?
- 2/3 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in hot sauce, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Pour directly into crock pot for buffalo chicken dip.
CAN YOU MEAL PREP BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP RECIPE?
You can prep this slow cooker buffalo chicken by adding all ingredients to a crock pot liner, sealing tightly, and refrigerating for up to 2-3 days. When you’re ready to cook, simply place the liner into the slow cooker, top with remaining cheese, close the lid, and turn on. Top with chopped scallions or green onions just before serving for presentation.
For an even easier cleanup use a liner for the slow cooker and this is a five minute recipe and a two minute cleanup!
MORE BUFFALO FLAVORED RECIPES:
TIPS FOR MAKING SLOW COOKER BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
- Keep the slow cooker on a warm setting while you’re serving the buffalo chicken dip, otherwise the cheese gets harder as it cools and your guests won’t be able to scoop as easily.
- A small crock pot is ideal for buffalo chicken dip, and more portable, too.
- You can mike mild or hot buffalo wing sauce if you make it at home. Or, you can add even more spice by adding diced jalapeños or a can of diced green chilies to the dip.
- Bringing your cream cheese to room temperature first will make it easier to stir everything together. If you didn’t take it out in time, microwave the cream cheese on a plate for 30 seconds, or until warmed through.
- If you don’t have ranch dressing, use 1 cup sour cream and a ranch seasoning packet.
- Scoop this onto a toasted bun for buffalo chicken dip sandwiches, or serve with crackers or tortilla chips. You can also serve this with veggies like carrots, celery, or cucumbers.
HOW TO STORE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Store crockpot buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You might notice some of the oil come to the top when it’s in the refrigerator. Just reheat and stir the buffalo chicken together before serving.
There is also no harm at all in blotting this oil off with a paper towel. I often do. There is no shortage of fat in the recipe so any amount you blot off will not cause any noticeable difference in taste.
CAN YOU FREEZE BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP?
Stored in an airtight container, crock pot buffalo chicken dip will keep in the freezer for 2-3 months. You can reheat buffalo chicken dip by defrosting in the refrigerator overnight, then putting back into the slow cook until it’s warmed through.
Please note: The picture below has foil only so you can see all the ingredients together, I don’t cook the dip with the foil. It was added to keep the ingredients separate in the photograph, then immediately removed.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip make with chicken, cream cheese, ranch, and buffalo sauce is topped with cheddar cheese and made in the slow cooker. It's perfect to bring to a potluck or to serve at a party!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast , cooked and chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Place all ingredients in slow cooker except 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and stir until well combined.
Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cook on low for 2-3 hours, or until everything is melted together.
- Keep on warm setting when serving. Serve with chips, celery sticks, or carrots.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.