Boneless Buffalo Wings with boneless chicken breast coated in breading and fried to perfection, with spicy buffalo wing sauce, ready in only 45 minutes!
BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS
Boneless Buffalo Wings are one of my all-time favorite appetizers. Made with breaded chicken breast that’s fried and covered in buffalo sauce, they’re PERFECT to serve at a game day party along with a bowl of blue cheese dip and cut up carrots and celery sticks.
Boneless wings aren’t actually wings at all, they’re just boneless chicken breast that’s breaded and fried. But I promise you after breading them and covering them in the sauce, you won’t even notice!
I even serve these with a side of extra spicy hot sauce, for guests who like their wings really spicy.
CAN YOU MAKE BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS AHEAD?
Boneless buffalo wings are perfect for making ahead of time. Just make the chicken through the frying step, then let cool and freeze.
When you’re ready, you can put the frozen chicken straight into the oven at 350 degrees F. Bake until warmed through and crispy, then smother in buffalo sauce and serve.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOT SAUCE AND BUFFALO SAUCE?
Buffalo sauce is basically hot sauce, but with butter and any other added seasonings you’d prefer. Sometimes that’s pepper, garlic powder, extra cayenne, or a small amount of sugar.
HOW TO MAKE BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS IN THE OVEN
You can bake these boneless wings by breading them and placing them on a baking sheet and spraying lightly with cooking oil.
Then bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes, flip over and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
MORE GAME DAY RECIPES
- Cheesy Beef Rotel Dip
- Fried Cheese Curds
- Black Bean Dip
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
- Super Crispy Chicken Tenders
HOW LONG WILL BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS LAST?
These boneless wings will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. But keep in mind that once the sauce is poured on them, you have a limited window of crispy texture. They’ll still be tasty after refrigerating and reheating, but noticeably softer.
TIPS FOR MAKING BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS
- You can make this recipe without breading the wings, just cut up and bake boneless skinless chicken breasts, then coat with sauce and serve.
- Serve with cut up vegetables, blue cheese dressing, and ranch dressing. I’ve also crumbled blue cheese on top of the wings.
- We’re making buffalo wings, but you can really use any wings sauce you want for these once the breaded chicken is done.
- Make a sweeter buffalo wing and cut some of the heat by adding 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar to the buffalo sauce. Whisk over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. You can also use honey.
- You can add other savory spices to the breading, like garlic powder or extra cayenne pepper.
Boneless Buffalo Wings
Boneless Buffalo Wings are savory and crispy, made with boneless chicken breast coated in breading and fried to perfection, then smothered in spicy buffalo wing sauce, ready in only 45 minutes!
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- canola oil for frying
- 2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt and pepper and in a second bowl whisk the egg and milk together.
Cut the chicken into two inch chunks then dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture then the flour mixture, then back to the egg, then back to the flour then rest on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
- Heat three inches of canola oil to 375 degrees in a large dutch oven when you are ready to fry.
Add 6-8 pieces of chicken at a time to the oil and fry for 5-6 minutes until cooked through then remove to a clean cookie sheet and when all the chicken is done toss with the buffalo chicken wing sauce.
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.