S’mores Bark is the perfect kid-friendly, no-bake dessert ready for the fridge in a few minutes. Made with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate.
The next time you’re craving s’mores but don’t have an outdoor fire, there are plenty of easy solutions. Just get in the kitchen and make yourself some S’mores Bars, S’mores Fudge, or easiest of all this simple S’mores Bark recipe. There’s no fire or even an oven required for this quick treat.
If there’s anything better than a melty S’more, this homemade candy bark, that has all the ingredients of a S’more but is so much less messy, is it. The creamy chocolate melts in your mouth while the graham cracker crust adds a nice crunch, and it’s all topped with sweet mini marshmallows.
This 3-ingredient dessert is perfect for a quick treat that you can take to parties, or enjoy during a family movie night. It’s such an easy recipe that young kids can help make it, and everyone is sure to enjoy this sweet, nostalgic dessert.
MORE BARK CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE EASY S’MORES BARK
- Prep: Start by lining a baking sheet with parchment paper to make sure the bark doesn’t stick to the pan. Then line the sheet with graham crackers. Make sure to keep the crackers as close as possible. You can break the graham crackers up to make them fit properly.
- Chocolate: Add the milk chocolate chips to a microwave-safe glass bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30-second increments until melted stirring every 30 seconds. Make sure to keep the microwave at half power, so it doesn’t burn. Once it’s smooth, pour the chocolate over the graham crackers and spread them evenly.
- Marshmallows: Top the bark off with mini marshmallows and gently press them into the chocolate, so they stick to the top of the S’mores Bark.
- Set: Put the pan into the fridge for 30 minutes until nicely set.
- Cut: Once the bark is hardened, you can break it apart in a couple of ways. Run a butter knife under hot water to heat it up, then use it to cut through the chocolate to make it easy to break into squares. If you don’t care about your bark being in even pieces, you can also use a kitchen mallet or just your hands to break it.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON S’MORES BARK
- Chocolate: Instead of using milk chocolate chips, you can exchange the chocolate for semisweet, dark chocolate, or white chocolate chips. Of course, using different kinds of chocolate will make the S’mores Bark taste less like a classic S’more.
- Candies: There are lots of other toppings you can put on the chocolate bark along with or instead of the marshmallows. Try sprinkling some M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, or pieces of different chocolate bars to the top.
- Add-ins: For some crunchy additions that aren’t as sweet, try adding some walnuts, pistachios, almonds, or peanuts to the top of the candy bark. Sprinkle the add-ins while the chocolate is still melted, so it sticks into the chocolate.
MORE CANDY RECIPES
HOW TO STORE S’MORES BARK
- Serve: S’mores Bark keeps well in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. You’ll just want to make sure it’s not too warm in your house, or the chocolate will melt.
- Store: You could also keep chocolate bark in a ziplock bag or other airtight container in the fridge for up to a month.
- Freeze: To freeze the S’mores Bark put the pieces in a freezer bag and separate them with parchment paper. They’ll keep well for up to 6 months.
- 18 ounces milk chocolate chips , or melting disks
- 14 sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup cereal marshmallows
- Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Line the pan with graham crackers, getting as tight a fit as possible.
- Add the chocolate chips to a large glass bowl.
Microwave the milk chocolate chips on half power (very important) until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour chocolate evenly over the graham crackers and spread gently.
- Sprinkle the cereal marshmallows over the chocolate.
Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Break into chunks to serve.