Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup with all the classic flavors of lasagna with all the warming flavors of soup. Just set it and forget it, serve with garlic bread!
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup is the a quick mix of easy, winter, slow cooker, pasta and cheese perfection. We’re a huge fan of slow cooker soups because they’re warm, filling and easy!
Plus with holidays and cold weather and school in full swing, time is in short supply.
You can certainly cook the “gravy” or meat sauce on low for 8 hours if you’d prefer and add the noodles in cooked or in the last two hours of cooking.
I’ve set this to the same timing as my Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese because I prefer to have everything cook together but if you have different time requirements you can certainly make adjustments.
Some important notes about cooking this Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup:
- This recipe calls for crushed tomatoes. Buy the best quality crushed tomatoes you can, I recommend these.
- For tomato paste, if you don’t use it often buy a tube. Less waste! OR freeze leftover tomato paste for another recipe.
- For the Parmesan cheese use shaved or shredded. Grated cheese won’t melt well.
- I use all beef in this lasagna soup, but the sausage flavor in most restaurant lasagnas is one I love duplicating. To do that easily here without using sausage, I add in some fennel seeds with goes a long way in making it taste like a Slow Cooker Beef and Sausage Lasagna.
- Check the doneness at the lower end of the times given, if not quite done cook for the additional hour.
Looking for a Slow Cooker Lasagna? It’s delicious I promise.
How long does it take to cook pasta in the slow cooker? Pasta in the slow cooker is something you need to be mindful of for your personal slow cooker. Some can cook it through in 90 minutes, some take 3 hours. The first time you make this recipe check the doneness after 2 hours.
Looking for more Slow Cooker Soups?
- Ultimate Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Potato Soup
- Slow Cooker Ham and Bean Soup
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
Tools used in the making of Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup:
Aluminum Slow Cooker: The perfect size for side dishes for 10-12 people or soups for 6, this slow cooker is a workhorse.
Chicken Base: I almost never buy boxes of broth because I keep the beef, chicken and vegetable version of this Better Than Bouillon.
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles (10 pieces)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces shaved parmesan cheese
In the aluminum slow cooker insert or a cast iron skillet add the ground beef.
- Cook the beef and onions until well browned.
- If you used a skillet, transfer the beef mixture to your slow cooker.
- Strain any oil left behind then add in the rest of the ingredients except for the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Cook on low for 2-3 hours (check for doneness after two hours).
Add in the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and cook for an additional 15 minutes before serving.