Pepperoni Cheesy Bread is a shareable cheesy appetizer version of pepperoni pizza made on a hoagie roll with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and Parmesan Cheese.
I’ve made traditional Garlic Bread in the past, as well as a couple other varieties of cheesy bread, but this cheesy bread is a favorite of mine.
PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD
This Pepperoni Cheesy Bread feels like a throwback to the frozen French Bread Pizzas of my youth, but kicked up a notch. It’s the perfect appetizer and also the best and easiest kid friendly dinner too. Give a kid something to dip and you’re the parent of the year.
Want a delicious dipping sauce?
Pepperoni Cheesy Bread takes everything you like about pepperoni pizza and puts them onto a hoagie roll. I cut the hoagie roll into smaller pieces first so it is easier to serve once out of the oven, but you can skip that if you prefer. I love a good cheese pull and if you slice it after cooking you’ll miss the cheese pulling apart.
It’s not just a dinner either. You can serve it as an appetizer, along with some of the other tasty dishes on my Appetizer Page, or bring a tray of these to your next potluck.
Cheesy Bread vs Pizza
One of the main differences between Pepperoni Cheesy Bread and pepperoni pizza is the lack of sauce on the bread. This allows the bread to remain crispy and avoid any sogginess.
On a standard pizza crust your dough cooks all the way through so it can avoid this, but with a hoagie roll the inside of the bread won’t cook long enough to avoid this.
You can also cut the slices in small enough pieces to make this recipe easy for sharing. It’s perfect for after school snacks for kids, parties, holiday parties, tailgating, basically any day that ends with y.
MORE DELICIOUS PARTY APPETIZERS
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the two hoagie rolls into 2-inch wide portions but leave it attached in the middle.
- Mix the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper flakes (if using) then brush it onto the bread.
- Top the bread with the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and parmesan cheese and bake until crispy, about 15-18 minutes.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD
- Toppings: You can try adding some traditional pizza toppings, like marinara sauce, garlic butter, mushrooms, sausage, olives, or anything else you would like.
- Cheese: You don’t have to just use mozzarella cheese, you can use a few blends. Try mixing parmesan cheese, mozzarella, provolone (a personal favorite) pecorino, or even a little gruyere to make the flavor more complex.
PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD FAQS
- Does pepperoni bread have to be refrigerated? Yes, it absolutely does. Bacteria will start multiplying at room temperature after 2 hours.
- Things to put on flatbread: You can basically take an avocado flatbread recipe or southwest chicken flatbread and use all of the toppings you would find there and add them to the Pepperoni Cheesy Bread.
- How do you reheat pepperoni bread? If your bread is frozen, let it sit in the fridge until thawed. Heat the oven to about 400 degrees F until the bread is warm to the touch. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
- Are Pepperoni rolls illegal? In some states they are due to meat regulations. (I won’t alert the authorities if you won’t though. 😉 ).
- Can you freeze pepperoni bread? Yes, but if you’re planning to you should only partially cook it, let it cool down, freeze it and continue the cooking process when you’re ready to eat it.
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES:
HOW LONG IS PEPPERONI CHEESY BREAD GOOD?
- Serve: Don’t leave you Pepperoni Cheesy Bread out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours or it can make you sick.
- Store: You can keep leftover Cheesy Bread in the fridge for up to 3 days before the pepperoni won’t be safe to eat any more. You should keep your leftovers in a sealable bag or an airtight container to keep moisture out.
- Freeze: With some special considerations, you can freeze most cheesy breads. Make sure it’s completely sealed so that no moisture can spoil it, and it should be good in the freezer for up to a month. To keep it from fusing together, layer the bread between pieces of parchment paper.
Pepperoni Cheesy Bread
Pepperoni Cheesy Bread is the appetizer version of pepperoni pizza on a hoagie roll with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni slices and Italian seasoning.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the two hoagie rolls into 2-inch wide portions but leave it attached in the middle.
Mix the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic salt and red pepper flakes (if using) then brush it onto the bread.
Top the bread with the mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and parmesan cheese and bake until crispy, about 15-18 minutes.