Oreo Fudge is a creamy, soft white chocolate fudge with chunks of crunchy Oreo cookies. It’s like the fudge candy version of cookies and cream ice cream.
It’s hard to find a dessert that you can’t make even better by adding some Oreos. Whether it’s Oreo Brownies, Oreo Muffins, or Oreo Rice Krispies, these simple store-bought cookies seem to go with everything. Those cream-filled cookies work their magic again in this recipe, taking white chocolate fudge to a whole new level.
This Cookies and Cream Fudge is one of the simplest, sweetest dessert recipes out there. Just one bite and you won’t be able to get enough. The crushed Oreo pieces add a wonderful chocolatey contrast to the sweet white fudge. It’s an easy and addicting treat that’s perfect to make around the holidays as a gift or anytime you have a sweet tooth.
TIPS FOR MAKING OREO FUDGE
- Make sure to line your pan with aluminum foil and spray that with a non-stick spray. That way the fudge won’t stick to the pan.
- Add white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and a little salt to your saucepan. Be sure to keep the burner on low heat and stir while the chocolate melts.
- To be extra certain you don’t under-cook or over-cook the chocolate mixture use a candy thermometer to test the temperature. The ideal temperature is between 235 and 237 degrees F.
- Turn off the heat before you add in the vanilla extract, and continue to mix the ingredients.
- As it starts to cool add in half of the Oreos.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared dish, sprinkle with the remaining Oreos, then let it set in the refrigerator before enjoying
MORE HOMEMADE FUDGE RECIPES
HOW TO FREEZE OREO FUDGE
Easy Oreo Fudge is a great recipe to make in advance and store in your freezer for the next time you need a dessert. Especially if you want to have some fudge for the holidays, it’s a smart idea to make this recipe in advance so you don’t have to worry about it during the holiday rush.
- Prepare the fudge as usual, and let it set for the full 4 hours in the fridge.
- Slice the fudge into bite-sized squares.
- For the best results wrap each piece in wax paper, then wrap them again in plastic wrap. This will make sure they stay fresh and don’t stick together.
- Put your wrapped fudge in a freezer-bag and seal it.
- Let it thaw out in the fridge before eating the fudge.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON OREO FUDGE
- Chocolate: Instead of using milk chocolate chips, you can make fudge with different chocolate chips. Use semi-sweet, dark chocolate, or milk chocolate chips to make classic chocolate fudge.
- Mint Fudge: To add a bit more flavor put in mint extract in exchange for the vanilla extract. You can also use Mint Oreos for the crushed cookies in the Mint Oreo Fudge recipe.
- Peppermint: Just like the mint, you can make this fudge more seasonal by using peppermint extract in the ingredients.
- Oreos: There are so many different kind of Oreos you can put in this delicious fudge recipe. Try using vanilla Oreos, double chocolate Oreos, red velvet Oreos, peanut butter Oreos, or seasonal Oreos with red filling.
- Mix-ins: One of the great things about making homemade fudge candy, is you can add in and swap out as many fun ingredients as you’d like. Try mixing in some chopped nuts for extra crunch like pecans, almonds, walnuts, or peanuts. You could also top the fudge with mini-marshmallows, granulated sugar, sprinkles or melted chocolate.
MORE OREO DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE OREO FUDGE
- Serve: Once the fudge has set, it can be kept in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Store: To keep the Oreo Fudge in the fridge, seal it in a ziplock bag or other airtight container. Separate the fudge pieces with parchment paper. They’ll keep well for 2 weeks.
- Freeze: Properly stored in an airtight container, fudge will keep well in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Oreo Fudge is a creamy, soft white chocolate fudge with chunks of crunchy Oreo cookies. It's like the fudge candy version of cookies and cream ice cream.
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Add white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and salt to a large saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Turn off heat and add in vanilla extract.
- Mix in all but 1/4 cup of the Oreos.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Sprinkle on the remaining 1/4 cup of Oreos into the baking pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing.