Gorilla Bread is a gooey, sugary, delicious holiday breakfast spin on monkey bread stuffed with cream cheese and coated in cinnamon sugar and walnuts.
Make your own delicious, golden brown loaf of Gorilla Bread using this easy recipe. Gorilla Bread is perfect for Christmas morning breakfast, a holiday brunch, or a tasty Thanksgiving dessert. Gorilla Bread is a large quick bread that uses canned biscuits to add extra volume and texture to the loaf but it takes things up a notch with a delicious filling, warm coated chopped walnuts and that amazing glaze.
Gorilla Bread is a richer, larger version of Monkey Bread that uses cream cheese to add creamy goodness with every bite. The walnuts adds an amazing texture and this next level dessert is a recipe everyone will love.
If you want smaller, more shareable versions of Gorilla Bread, you can forgo the bundt pan and use loaf pans instead. These smaller versions are great sliced up and served for dessert but to wow a room full of relatives, I would definitely suggest making it cake shaped.
HOW TO MAKE GORILLA BREAD
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a glass bowl to your microwave and melt.
- Cut your cream cheese into 20 pieces, spread your biscuits into flattened circles.
- Place a piece of cream cheese in each one and fold it closed over the cream cheese.
- Roll each closed biscuit in cinnamon and sugar and place it in the bundt pan.
- After ten biscuits, top the biscuits with half the nuts, add the remaining biscuits and the remaining nuts.
- Top with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from bundt pan.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON GORILLA BREAD
- Add ins: Try adding sliced pieces of various nuts along with the walnuts, like pecans or cashews. You can also add things like chocolate chips, chopped cookies, or candy pieces that you can add to this thick dessert bread to make it even sweeter.
- Peanut butter: Gorilla bread lends itself to the idea of pb & banana monkey bread. Try this stuffed with peanut butter and top with caramelized bananas!
- Biscuits: There are a few different kinds of biscuits that you can use for this recipe depending on the flavor you’re going for. Try using cinnamon rolls, buttermilk biscuits or dinner roll mixtures to get different tastes and textures. Gorilla Bread with crescent rolls is absolutely buttery and delicious.
- Toppings: Okay, so this is a pretty sweet breakfast bread but if you want to make it a dessert, try adding a scoop of Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and drizzling with Salted Caramel Sauce.
GORILLA BREAD FAQS
- Can you make Gorilla Bread the night before? Yes, you can. Keep it stored overnight in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
- Is Gorilla Bread keto? No, not the way this recipe makes it.
- Why are the pieces bigger than monkey bread? Because of the stuffing these bites are much larger, like mini cinnamon rolls. If you want to make the bites smaller you can, but you’d have to make the dough thinner to wrap around your cream cheese.
OTHER DELICIOUS QUICK BREAD RECIPES
HOW LONG IS GORILLA BREAD GOOD?
- Serve: Some claim that you shouldn’t refrigerate the Gorilla Bread at all and that you should leave it at room temperature. If you keep it at room temperature, make sure it’s sealed in something airtight to keep it from getting stale. The quick bread will stay good for up to 2 days.
- Store: Gorilla Bread will stay good in the fridge for up to 4 days before it goes bad. People say you shouldn’t refrigerate Gorilla Bread because it’s relatively complicated to reheat it. I suggest eating it cold out of the fridge instead of heating it, but you can heat it up in a conventional oven. Don’t microwave it.
- Freeze: You can freeze the Gorilla Bread for up to 3 months as long as you keep it properly sealed. If you’re freezing precut, loose pieces, you should definitely layer pieces of parchment paper or wax paper between them.
Gorilla Bread is a gooey, sugary, delicious holiday breakfast spin on monkey bread stuffed with cream cheese and coated in cinnamon sugar glaze and chopped walnuts.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 24 ounces refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts , coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with vegetable oil spray.
Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
Add the butter and brown sugar to a glass bowl to your microwave and melt in 30 second increments until fully melted, then stir well until combined.
Cut your cream cheese into 20 pieces, spread your biscuits into flattened circles on a large cutting board, place a piece of cream cheese in each one and fold it closed over the cream cheese.
Roll each closed biscuit in cinnamon and sugar and place it in the bundt pan.
After ten biscuits, top the biscuits with half the nuts and half the butter mixture.
Add the remaining biscuits, the remaining nuts and top with the remaining butter/brown sugar mixture.
Top with any remaining cinnamon sugar.
Bake for 45 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from bundt pan by placing cake stand or plate upside down over the bundt pan and flipping very carefully.