These Cranberry Orange Blondies are the best easy holiday dessert bars. Brown sugar brownies with dried cranberries, orange zest, and white chocolate chips.
CRANBERRY ORANGE BLONDIES
These melt-in-your-mouth buttery bars are filled the flavors of the Christmas holiday season. Sweet orange peel, tart cranberries, and creamy white chocolate are the ultimate wintery combination. Cranberry Orange Blondies are the perfect addition to any dessert platter, or you can wrap them up for delicious edible holiday gifts!
This Cranberry Orange Blondie recipe is so quick and easy to make with classic holiday baking ingredients and a few items from your pantry. You may already have white chocolate chips on hand, but if not you can always trade them for chocolate chips you do have. Oranges and dried cranberries are plentiful all year round, so you don’t have to wait for the snow to fall to enjoy these delicious blondie bars.
You can swap the dried cranberries for fresh cranberries when they are in season. Dried berries are usually sweeter so fresh berries will give you lots of tart cranberry flavor. Unlike other cranberry recipes, you don’t want to use them whole or they will be too juicy. Instead, pulse the fresh cranberries in a food processor a few times to chop them, and pat them dry before folding in to the batter.
These Cranberry Orange Blondies are an easy to make dessert for potlucks or holiday parties. While they are good for up to a week at room temperature, you can’t beat the taste of a fresh baked Cranberry Blondie. These holiday treats are tasty on their own, but you can take them to the next level with a white chocolate drizzle, Chocolate Ganache, or scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CRANBERRY ORANGE BLONDIES
- Nuts: Fold in 1/2 cup chopped nuts like pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, or pistachios for a flavorful crunch. Toast the pecans or hazelnuts before adding for even more toasty flavor!
- Dried Fruit: Diced dried strawberries, pineapple, cherries, blueberries, or apricots are great dried fruit swaps for tart cranberries. Sprinkle some shredded sweetened coconut on top of the blondie batter before baking for a more tropical blondie.
- Orange: Swap the orange zest for another citrus like lemon zest or lime zest. You can also add up to 1 tablespoon orange juice for more sweet orange flavor.
- Flavor: Almond extract instead of vanilla extract would taste delicious with the orange, cranberry and white chocolate flavors! For more holiday taste, try adding nutmeg, cinnamon, or ground ginger to these bars.
- Chocolate: Instead of white chocolate chips, try dark chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, peppermint chips, caramel chips, or toffee chips. You can do a mixture of half white chocolate chips and half another flavor baking chip too!
EVEN MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CRANBERRY ORANGE BLONDIES
- Serve: These Cranberry Orange Blondies can be kept covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. Wrap pan with plastic wrap or transfer to a sealed container.
- Store: Once cooled, transfer sliced Cranberry Orange Blondies to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Bring Cranberry Orange Bars to room temperature or warm in the microwave to serve.
- Freeze: Cool Cranberry Orange Blondies and slice before freezing in a sealed container for up to 4 months. To keep bars from freezing together, freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour before transferring to storage container.
Cranberry Orange Blondies
- 6 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1 cup brown sugar , packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries , roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x10 baking dish with baking spray.
To your stand mixer add the butter and brown sugar and cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Add in eggs, orange zest and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before slicing.