Cinnamon Streusel Bread is an easy quick bread with buttermilk with a cinnamon swirl topped with a crispy sugar crust. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
From Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake to Cinnamon Swirl Bread, cinnamon sugar is a flavor that goes so well in Baked Good Recipes. This coffee cake bread is just what your morning needs.
CINNAMON STREUSEL BREAD
The best part about making flavorful quick breads like Banana Bread is that they fill your home with the warm aroma of your favorite coffee shops and bakeries. There’s something so comforting about the familiar smell of fresh baked goods filling a kitchen, especially if there is a pot of coffee going at the same time.
The spiced scent of fresh Cinnamon Streusel Bread baking is almost unbeatable. Even the most fancy candle company couldn’t truly capture the delicious blend of brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and butter. Plus it’s a lot more affordable (and tastier) to just make the real thing!
This Cinnamon Streusel Bread has all the flavor of a slice of our moist NY Crumb Cake, but is lighter and is easier to take on the go. It’s a great bread to have on those busy mornings, when breakfast has to take place in between driving from this errand to that. Plus it’s kid tested and approved!
This bread goes amazingly with a cup of coffee and nice amount of apple butter. The apple and cinnamon goes perfectly together and apple butter gives it a warmer, slightly savory flavor.
Turn your Cinnamon Streusel Bread into a tasty, rich dessert or extra special breakfast by drizzling your baked bread with a vanilla glaze or melted Cream Cheese Frosting. If you have leftovers that aren’t quite enough to store in the freezer, check out the quick Cinnamon Streusel bread pudding below.
OTHER DELICIOUS QUICK BREAD RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON STREUSEL BREAD
- Make Crumb Topping: Mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon, then mix in butter until it’s in pea-sized chunks.
- Prepare Bread Batter: Sift your dry ingredients (except the swirl ingredients) and add the wet until just combined.
- Prepare Cinnamon Swirl: Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Pour Batter: Add the cinnamon sugar in the middle of the batter then swirl the rest of the batter only a bit with a knife. Swirling too much will lose the pattern inside. Then top with streusel topping.
- Bake: This is a large loaf so bake at 350, if it is browning too quickly tent with foil but be careful not to remove before the center is fully done.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON STREUSEL BREAD
- Banana Streusel Bread: Mash 2-3 ripe bananas and combine at the step where you mix the buttermilk, oil, and eggs.
- Blueberry Streusel Bread: Stir in a 1/2 cup fresh blueberries for sweet, fruity pops of flavor. To keep your blueberries from sinking to the bottom of your bread, toss in a bit of flour before gently folding them into your batter.
- Chocolate: If you are a chocolate lover, you can add chocolate chips to your Cinnamon Streusel Bread. You can also add 1/4 cup of cocoa powder to your batter.
- Pecans: Give your bread more crunch by folding in 1/4 cup of pecans or walnuts to your batter.
Quick Cinnamon Streusel Bread Pudding – great for leftovers!
- Before you toss your leftover Cinnamon Streusel Bread, try turning it into a microwave bread pudding for one (or two).
- Slice up your leftover bread (2-3 slices) into large chunks and add to a microwave safe bowl.
- Whisk together 1 egg, 1/3 cup milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Pour over bread and stir to combine.
- Microwave for least 1 minute, checking in 30 second bursts until pudding is cooked in the middle.
MORE DELICIOUS CINNAMON RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON STREUSEL BREAD
- Serve: Your Cinnamon Streusel Bread will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-4 days. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Store: Bring your bread to room temperature before storing in a sealed container for a week in the fridge.
- Freeze: This bread will stay good for up to 3 months in the freezer. Make sure to cool completely and wrap tightly before freezing.
Cinnamon Streusel Bread
Cinnamon Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into small pieces
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon from the topping part of the recipe then cut the butter in until it resembles small chunks the size of peas.
- Put the mixture in the fridge while you make the bread batter.
Sift together your flour, sugar, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Into a second large bowl whisk together your buttermilk, egg, and canola oil.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until you can no longer see flour (do not overmix).
In a separate bowl, mix the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon for the swirl.
Pour half the batter into the loaf pan, then cover evenly with the cinnamon swirl mixture.
Pour the remaining batter into the loaf pan, then swirl the batter gently with a knife.
Cover evenly with the crumb topping.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, let cool for 15 minutes before removing from the loaf pan to cool completely.
I made yesterday and turned out well. Thanks for recipe 🙂
I’m glad you enjoyed it, Catherine.
Do I have to use buttermilk?
Yes, but you can make your own buttermilk by mixing a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar into a cup of milk and letting it sit for about 10 minutes. Easy, peasy!
Do you have to use buttermilk?
You can easily make your own buttermilk by mixing in 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice into 1 cup of milk. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
My twin and I made this yesterday and just ate for breakfast!!. It was delicious!!. Thank you for sharing the recipe ??
Just made it!! Really yummy! I added vanilla and cinnamon into the batter and it really paid off. I had a lot of extra streusel left, so I wasn’t really sure how much to use of that.
this bread is so good!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it, Rachael.
Having my second slice of this cinnamon bread for breakfast this morning. SO GOOD.
I could eat this all day! It’s one of my favorite breads! I love that it’s an easy bread to make, no yeast!
I’m so glad it’s such a hit, Natalie.
Excited to give your recipe a try. I’m sure this will be a family must-have for breakfast. Thank you for this!
Hi, Sabrina—Would there be a difference in baking time if I made muffins from this recipe rather than a loaf of bread?
Thanks for sharing so many great recipes !
I would recommend baking at 400 degrees f for 20-25 minutes. Make sure to use a toothpick to check that they’re done.