Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread is an easy, delicious breakfast recipe. Rich and moist buttermilk bread with raisins and a sweet cinnamon swirl made in an hour.
CINNAMON RAISIN QUICK BREAD
No need to make a special trip to the bakery whenever you are craving a warm, spiced loaf of delicious Cinnamon Raisin Bread. This quick recipe for Cinnamon Raisin Bread is ready in just about an hour and can be made by hand with common pantry ingredients. You can make this budget-friendly bread for holidays, a weekday afternoon, or for Sunday brunch!
Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread is so easy and simple, full of sweet cinnamon sugar that will make your home smell amazing. The warmly spiced bread is packed with raisins, for tasty cinnamon raisin flavor in every bite. If you’ve never made a cinnamon swirl bread before, you won’t believe how easy it is to make at home.
What makes this Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread extra melt-in-your-mouth delicious is the cup of buttermilk! Mixed with the baking soda, the acid in the buttermilk turns the bread airy and moist. If you don’t have buttermilk, check out the buttermilk substitute in the variations. To keep your bread light and tender, stir in the dry ingredients until just combined so you don’t over mix the batter.
This Cinnamon Raisin Bread is great treat for a crowd during the holidays. You can have it baking while you open presents on Christmas morning or make it the night before Thanksgiving shopping! Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread can also double as a gift during the holidays. You can make multiple loaves at once by doubling the recipe or bake in mini loaf pans.
Enjoy slices of Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread with a pat of butter and a mug of Hot Cocoa for a cozy warm winter treat. You can dust your Cinnamon Raisin Bread with powdered sugar or frost with Cream Cheese Frosting for dessert or special brunch bread. A drizzle of melted Sugar Cookie Frosting would make a beautiful sweet glaze for holiday gifting.
OTHER DELICIOUS QUICK BREAD RECIPES
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand you can use 1 cup whole milk and add 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice.
Allow milk and vinegar mixture to sit for 20 minutes at room temperature and then use in this recipe. You can also use sour cream, Greek yogurt, milk, or coconut cream with only slight differences in overall flavor.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON RAISIN QUICK BREAD
- Raisins: Instead of regular raisins, try other dried fruit like golden raisins, dried cranberries, Turkish apricots. You can add fresh berries like chopped cherries, blueberries, or strawberries.
- Spices: You can add more flavor with spices like nutmeg, cardamom, or Pumpkin Pie Spice along with the cinnamon. Try flavors like vanilla extract or almond extract, or add a 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree for Pumpkin Cinnamon Raisin Bread.
- Muffins: Bake Cinnamon Raisin Muffins instead of bread. Divide the batter 1/2 way in lined muffin cups and sprinkle cinnamon sugar. Top with remaining batter, swirl cinnamon sugar and bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean with moist crumbs.
- Bundt Cake: Double the recipe, add to 10 cup bundt pan and bake at 325 for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
MORE HOLIDAY QUICK BREAD RECIPES
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON RAISIN QUICK BREAD
- Serve: Loosely cover Cinnamon Raisin Bread and store in a cool, dry place at room temperature for up 2 days.
- Store: Keep your Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm in the oven or bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze: Once cooled, wrap whole loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread in plastic wrap and foil, or in a zippered freezer bag, for up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving. You can also wrap individual slices and freeze.
Cinnamon Raisin Quick Bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar , divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray an 8x4 loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the buttermilk, 3/4 cup sugar, vegetable oil and egg until smooth.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and whisk together until just combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Pour half the batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture over it.
Add the remaining batter evenly and swirl the internal cinnamon sugar mixture together with a butter knife.
Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.