Easy S’mores Brownies are the best summer dessert! Gooey fudgy chocolate brownie recipe topped with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows bits.
These brownies are the absolute best s’mores inspired treat, no campfire needed! Rich, fudgy chocolate brownies topped with buttery graham cracker pieces and sugary, melt-free, mallow bits are hard to beat! This is the easiest S’mores Brownie recipe, no extra step or worrying about burned marshmallows under the broiler. The perfect quick dessert that kids can make too!
This S’mores Brownies recipe is ooey, gooey on the inside that won’t leave your kids with sticky fingers. It’s a great recipe for when you want s’mores flavor but none of the mess. You can always add melty mini marshmallows if you are missing that toasty mallow goodness, but the cereal marshmallow bits are just as good!
With a homemade brownie base for S’mores Brownies, it’s easy to change them up to exactly how you like. For a chewy fudge brownie, you can substitute brown sugar for the granulated sugar, or use brown sugar and leave out the cocoa powder for a S’Mores Blondie! Fold in more chocolate chips for bursts of chocolatey flavor, or add a layer of mini marshmallows between the brownie batter.
MORE EASY AND DELICIOUS S’MORES RECIPES
S’mores Brownies are so easy to make that even your little bakers can help out as a fun after school activity. The brownie batter is made with cocoa powder instead of melted chocolate, so their fingers will be safe as they mix everything up. They will have fun sprinkling on the s’mores toppings and you can use the variations below for even more topping ideas.
These S’mores Brownies are so gooey and delicious on their own, but a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream would make them even better. You can also drizzle cooled brownies with some Chocolate Ganache or Salted Caramel Sauce for a super sweet summertime treat.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON S’MORES BROWNIES
- Marshmallows: For a gooey, toasty marshmallow topping, add jumbo marshmallows, mini marshmallows, or Homemade Marshmallows after they are done baking. Top brownies and broil until toasted and golden brown.
- Marshmallow Fluff: Add even more gooey marshmallow topping with marshmallow fluff. Bake brownie batter without s’mores topping. Cool for 5 minutes then use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes over top of brownies. Spread a thick layer of marshmallow fluff then top with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and mallow bits. Broil until fluff is toasted and chocolate is melted.
- Chocolate: Swap semi-sweet chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. You can also use chocolate bar pieces, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, toffee bits, or M&Ms.
- Graham Cracker: Instead of graham cracker pieces, use golden grahams, vanilla wafers, chocolate graham crackers, or other sweet crackers. Bake on top of a Graham Cracker Crust for a buttery, chewy layer!
- Brownie Mix: Make this S’mores Brownies recipe even easier with a box of fudge brownie mix. Replace the dry ingredients with brownie mix and use only 1 egg. Keep the butter, it will makes boxed brownies taste richer than using vegetable oil.
- Brownie Bites: Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and divide batter between 24 cups. Top with chocolate, crackers, and marshmallows. Bake for 11-13 minutes at 350 degrees.
MORE DELICIOUS BROWNIE RECIPES:
HOW TO STORE S’MORES BROWNIES
- Serve: Cool S’mores Brownies for at least 10 minute before serving. You can keep S’mores Brownies at room temperature for up to 3 days covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Store: Place cooled S’mores Brownies in an airtight container lined with a paper towel and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Freeze: Freeze cut S’mores Brownies on a baking sheet for one hour before transferring to a sealed container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving at room temperature.
Easy S'mores Brownies are the best summer dessert! Gooey fudgy chocolate brownie recipe topped with graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows bits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Whisk together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Spread batter evenly into greased baking pan.
- Top with graham crackers, chocolate chips and cereal marshmallows.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Old Photos from Original post posted on July 2016: