Pizza Sloppy Joes with all your favorite pepperoni pizza flavors and a couple of vegetables your kids won’t even notice.
Pizza meets hamburger with this amazing recipe that tastes as good as a hot out of the oven melty delicious pizza! For more fun Italian flavors we also love The Best Chicken Parmesan (which we made into these Chicken Parmesan Sloppy Joes) which are also made with my crazy easy Marinara Sauce.
Pepperoni Pizza Sloppy Joes
Pizza Sloppy Joes take the classic sloppy joes up a notch with the addition of marinara sauce instead of the classic tomato paste and awesome pizza topping mix-ins. Cheesy, sloppy, pizza sloppy goodness! You can adjust these as you’d like to.
Want more Pizza Sloppy Joes flavors:
- Crumbled Italian Sausage, 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, and bell peppers.
- Frozen pineapple chunks (chopped), and chopped ham.
- pepperoni, sausage, olives, bell peppers and onions.
- Want more flavors? Here is a list of 50 Pizza flavors from Food Network.
Pepperoni Pizza Sloppy Joes had to happen. After these Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes (over 640,000 pins on Pinterest and over 20 MILLION views of the video on Facebook) I posted Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes which are also one of the top recipes on the site. I also recently published Ultimate Sloppy Joes if you’re looking for a classic version of Sloppy Joes.
We have been enjoying these Pizza Sloppy Joes for a couple of months now. We also made a Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper. The flavors of the ground beef, marinara sauce and pizza toppings come together so well you’ll see the kids asking for more helpings.
Want to make these Pizza Sloppy Joes into a slow cooker recipe?
- Add the ingredients (minus the cheese and buns) to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Use half the amount of beef broth.
- If the sauce is not thick add in another 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon room temperature water. Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low.
- Add the cheese and stir once you’re ready to serve.
Looking for more sandwiches?
- Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Ultimate Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Roast Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish
- Slow Cooker McRib Sandwiches
Or if you’re interested in more sloppy joes you can check them all out here. We add to the collection each week!
OH! And my favorite thing about this recipe?! If you have any left over (which I would doubt, but hey you never know), you can use the leftovers to make the most epic grilled cheese sandwiches EVER. Just use the method found in my Ground Philly Cheesesteak Grilled Cheese and you’ll be in heaven!
Tools Used in the making of these Pizza Sloppy Joes:
Cast Iron Skillet: This is my most used pan in my kitchen, heavy, keeps heat well and gives the BEST sear ever.
Chef’s Knife: This knife is one of the three most used tools in my kitchen (tongs and my pig tail flipper are the other two). I love it, I’ve had it for almost 10 years and it is as sharp today as the day I got it. (left column, second from the top). Mind you I love it this much even though I have a ridiculously expense knife set as well.
Pizza Sloppy Joes
- Add the ground beef to a large cast iron skillet (this browns very well) and brown until a deep brown crust appears before breaking the beef apart.
- Stir the ground beef and brown until a deep crust appears on about 50 or so percent of the beef.
- Remove the beef, drain the fat and add the bacon to the pan.
- Add the butter, onions and bell pepper to the pan.
Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the beef back into the pan.
- In a small cup mix the salt, black pepper, marinara sauce, beef broth and cornstarch together and add it to the pan.
Cook until the mixture is only slightly liquidy (about 75% of the mixture is above liquid), 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add in the mozzarella cheese and fold into the meat with a spatula until just melted.
- Served on toasted brioche buns.