Gumdrop Fudge is a rich, colorful Holiday treat. Made with creamy vanilla fudge, and gumdrop candy pieces. Ready with just 4 ingredients!
This creamy, smooth white chocolate fudge, is just as simple to make as Easy Chocolate Fudge. Gumdrop Fudge is an easy Homemade Candy Recipe, and once you’ve tried it, you’ll find yourself making every Christmas.
Gumdrops are an old fashioned candy that are popular around the holidays. A lot of the time they only get busted out to decorate gingerbread houses. They’re also one of those candies that there always seems to be leftovers. Rather than letting chewy, sugary gum drops go stale, why not make them into a whole new treat? This wonderful holiday fudge, is the perfect way to use up any extra candies, and make an irresistible dessert.
Gumdrop Fudge is easy to make in just a few minutes. It’s a simple matter of heating white chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk together, then just adding in vanilla and gumdrops. In fact the hardest part of the recipe, is having to wait a few hours for the fudge to cool down before you dig in!
It’s the perfect treat to have around the holidays, serve at parties, or package in some candy tins as a gift. Gumdrop Fudge is so colorful, it’s sure to brighten up anyones day. Plus, this fudge freezes really well so you can always make it ahead of time to have ready for your next holiday get-together.
TIPS FOR MAKING GUMDROP FUDGE
- Line your baking pan with tin foil and spray it with vegetable oil. This will make it so you can take the fudge out of your dish easily once it’s done.
- Mix white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together in a saucepan. Make sure to keep the heat low to melt the chocolate nice and slow without scalding the milk.
- Turn the heat off then mix in the vanilla extract and a handful of the gumdrops. You don’t want to do this while still over heat or the gumdrops will start to melt.
- Spread the fudge mixture into your prepared baking sheet, then add the remaining gumdrops over the top. Putting gumdrops on top, instead of just mixing them into the fudge, will make a more colorful and appealing presentation.
- Put the fudge in the fridge and wait 4 hours before cutting.
MORE FUDGE RECIPES
If you’re feeling really ambitious you can do all your holiday baking in advance and have classic desserts like Gingerbread Cookies, Peppermint Bark and this fudge all ready to go in your freezer. Then when you need some holiday desserts all you have to do is take them out of the freezer in time for them to thaw.
When you think of fudge a rich milk chocolate taste is probably what comes to mind, but you shouldn’t be quick to dismiss white chocolate fudge. Gumdrop Fudge uses a white chocolate base and it’s absolutely delicious. White chocolate fudge is slightly sweeter, smooth, creamy, and it’s perfect for this recipe. The sweet white chocolate blends wonderfully with the fruit taste of the gumdrop candies.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON GUMDROP FUDGE
- Chocolate: If you’d rather make classic chocolate fudge, instead of white chocolate fudge, replace the white chocolate chips in the recipe with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Melt the chocolate and add in the rest of the ingredients as usual.
- Vegan: To make Vegan Gumdrop Fudge, you’ll have to exchange the condensed milk for condensed coconut milk. You’ll also have to use dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Add-ins: There are lots of fun holiday mix-ins you can put in this white chocolate fudge. Try adding in some chopped nuts like pecans, almonds or walnuts for some crunch. You could also put in dried fruits like raisins or dried cranberries. For fun toppings add on some sprinkles or drizzle melted milk chocolate over the cooled fudge.
MORE EASY HOLIDAY DESSERTS
HOW TO STORE GUMDROP FUDGE
- Serve: Gumdrop Fudge can be kept at room temperature for up to a week. Seal it in an airtight container, and if you’ve already cut the fudge separate it with parchment paper so the pieces don’t stick together.
- Store: To keep this fudge in the fridge, you’ll also want to seal it in an airtight container. It will stay good for up to 2 weeks.
- Freeze: You can freeze homemade fudge for up to 3 months. For the best results cut the fudge into squares and wrap each piece in parchment paper and then plastic wrap. This way the fudge won’t stick together in the freezer bag.
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 ounces gumdrops , chopped
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil and spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Add white chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk to a large saucepan on low heat.
- Stir until chocolate is melted.
- Turn off heat and add in vanilla extract.
- Mix in all but a small handful of the gumdrops.
- Spread into baking dish.
- Lightly press the remaining gumdrops into the baking pan.
Refrigerate for 4 hours before slicing.