These Blueberry Crumb Muffins are the best bakery style muffin recipe. Perfect blueberry muffins with fresh blueberries and buttery cinnamon crumble in 30 minutes!
BLUEBERRY CRUMB MUFFINS
These are the best Blueberry Muffin you will ever make! This quick and easy muffin recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes so it’s perfect for busy weekday mornings. Have it baking while you get ready for the day and by the time you are ready to go, your muffins will be ready to go too!
Blueberry Crumb Muffins are bursting with blueberry flavor in every bite of these melt-in-your-mouth buttery muffins. The fresh blueberries add a natural sweetness and make them incredibly moist. Plus there is nothing like that fruity, slightly sour flavor you get with fresh blueberries.
Tips for Perfect Blueberry Muffins
Fresh blueberries are best choice but you can always use frozen blueberries or dehydrated blueberries if you need to. Thaw frozen blueberries in the refrigerator and drain thoroughly. Stir in dehydrated blueberries for chewy fruity bits, or blanch them in boiling sugar water first to plump them up.
Whether you use fresh blueberries or frozen berries, it’s important to toss them in a little flour before folding into the Blueberry Muffin batter. This light coating of flour keeps the blueberries from all sinking to the bottom of the muffin cup. You could sprinkle on a few extra fresh blueberries on top before the crumb topping too.
Make the crumb topping first so your batter doesn’t sit too long after combining wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Baking powder is the dry ingredient that makes your muffins light and fluffy. Its activated by moisture so you want to bake your muffin batter soon after everything is mixed.
These are best at room temperature and can be kept on the counter for a few days. To keep your Blueberry Muffins from getting soggy, store them in an airtight container lined with a paper towel. Place another paper towel over the top of the muffins, then the lid. This will absorb the moisture and keep them fresh.
MORE TASTY MUFFIN RECIPES
These muffins are a great breakfast meal prep. Easily double the batch and freeze for later. Wrap them in foil before freezing for an easy breakfast meal prep and so they don’t stick together. Reheat from frozen in the foil at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
They are delicious served warm, or at room temperature, with a just a little bit of butter. Dust them with powdered sugar or with a side of Whipped Cream for an extra sweet brunch treat. And you can always serve warm muffins for dessert with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream!
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BLUEBERRY CRUMB MUFFINS
- Berries: Instead of fresh blueberries, try cranberries, strawberries, or raspberries. You can also use apples or frozen peaches (thawed) chopped into small pieces in this recipe.
- Brown Sugar: Substitute brown sugar in the crumb topping and for half the white sugar in the muffin batter to make these muffins even more moist. They will be slightly darker in color but just as tasty!
- Topping: You can add 1/2 cup rolled oats to make a heartier streusel topping. Add white chocolate chips for a sweet, buttery topping.
- Buttermilk: Use buttermilk or sour cream instead of whole milk in this muffin recipe for tangy, rich muffin.
- Blueberry Crumb Loaf: Bake your muffin batter in a 9×5 inch loaf pan for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees for a delicious blueberry quick bread instead of muffins.
- Jumbo Blueberry Muffins: For jumbo bakery style Blueberry Crumb Muffins, bake the muffin batter in a 6 cup muffin tin for 30-35 minutes.
EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES FOR A CROWD
HOW TO STORE BLUEBERRY CRUMB MUFFINS
- Serve: Keep Blueberry Crumb Muffins in an airtight container lined with paper towels at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store: Blueberry Muffins can be refrigerated for up to 1 week in an airtight container. Bring to room temperature or warm in the oven for best taste.
- Freeze: Freeze muffins on a baking sheet for one hour before transferring to a freezer safe bag. Keep frozen for up to 3 months.
Blueberry Crumb Muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries , fresh
- 2 tablespoons flour , (for tossing with blueberries)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , cold, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- To make the crumble topping smash together the white sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- Add butter to a stand mixer on medium speed and cream until fluffy.
Add in sugar and beat until fluffy, another 1 minute.
Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined, 30 seconds.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add in dry ingredients on low speed until just combined.
- Add in milk on low speed until just combined.
- Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons flour and fold them into the batter gently.
- Use an ice cream scoop to add muffin batter to the lined muffin tin.
- Sprinkle crumb topping in clumps over muffins.
Bake for 20-22 minutes.