Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is a delicious no knead bread packed with crispy bacon and melty cheddar. Salty, savory, and slightly sweet bread in about an hour!
BACON CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
You may have had cheesy bread and you may have had bacon cheesy bread, but nothing compares to this incredibly moist beer bread loaded with bacon and cheddar. Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is so easy to make and a great side dish for potlucks, backyard barbecues, and busy weeknight dinners.
One of the best things about Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread (besides the bacon and cheese) is how simple it is to make. No mixer, ingredients you have on hand, and about an hour is all you need for fresh homemade bread. This Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is a rustic bread, slightly denser than bakery bread but so tender and moist and packed with flavor!
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is the kind of recipe that’s easily adjusted to what you have on hand or how creative you want to get. Once you have your base ingredients of beer, flour, baking powder, butter, and sugar, the skies the limit on what kind of beer bread you can make. It’s hard to beat the yummy combo of Bacon and Cheddar Beer Bread though!
As with any quick bread, you want to make sure not to over-mix Bacon Cheddar Bread. Over-mixing will activate the gluten in the flour, causing your bread to be tough and chewy. The bread dough is going to look lumpy and shaggy, it’s not supposed to be a smooth batter. Use a whisk and a spatula to combine the ingredients to keep from mixing too much.
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is the ultimate side kick to Game Day and tailgating favorites like Beef Chili and Barbecue Ribs! For more cheesy goodness, serve Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread with Beer Cheese Dip as an appetizer. Since this bread is crumbly and tender, top with your favorite Sloppy Joes recipe, like Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes, for an open faced sandwich!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BACON CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON BACON CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
- Bacon Jalapeño Popper Bread: Combine 2-3 tablespoons diced jalapeños and 6 ounces softened cream cheese with the bacon and cheddar. Fold into the batter and bake as usual, topping dough with panko bread crumbs after you brush on the butter. Use pickled jalapeños for less heat.
- Beer: Any kind of beer can be used to make Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread, but a dark stout or porter go really well with this recipe. Instead of beer, you can also use lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, ginger beer, or hard cider.
- Sweet Beer Bread: If you want a sweeter Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread you can add up to 1/4 cup sugar. You could also use honey, brown sugar or pure maple syrup.
- Meat: Try this recipe with diced ham, Canadian bacon, or cooked ground sausage instead of bacon. For a Bacon Cheeseburger Beer Bread, add 1/2 cup browned seasoned ground beef.
- Cheese: You can use any shredded cheese you like in this recipe like Swiss cheese, smoked mozzarella, Monterey jack, pepper jack, or gouda.
- Skillet Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread: Bake your bread in a 12 inch cast iron skillet. Spray the skillet with non-stick spray, prepare batter as usual, and bake at 375 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Brush with butter and bake an additional 5 minutes.
MORE MAIN DISHES TO SERVE WITH BACON CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
HOW TO STORE BACON CHEDDAR BEER BREAD
- Serve: Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread is served best warm and can be at room temperature for up to 2 hours before it needs to be chilled.
- Store: Keep Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread fresh in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Store in an airtight container lined with paper towels to absorb moisture.
- Freeze: Cool Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread completely before wrapping in plastic wrap and placing in a freezer safe bag. Freeze bread for up to 6 months and thaw overnight in the fridge to serve.
Bacon Cheddar Beer Bread
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces beer , room temperature
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese , shredded
- 1/3 cup bacon , cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 9x5 loaf pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and beer in a large bowl.
- Gently fold in shredded cheese and bacon crumbles with a spatula until just combined.
Place batter in the pan and let sit 20 minutes.
Bake for 35 minutes, then brush the butter on top of the bread and bake an additional 5 minutes.