Seared Cube Steaks are probably the easiest steak dinner you’ll ever make. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper before simply cooking in the skillet.
The next time you’re craving a delicious steak dinner, but don’t want to make anything too fancy, this recipe is as easy as they come. Just like Ribeye Steak, it’s the perfect Main Dish that you can have ready in just 20 minutes!
SEARED CUBE STEAKS
Delicious Seared Cube Steak is made easily right on the stovetop. Just flavor the meat with some simple seasonings then cook them in a cast-iron skillet. You can make the perfect steak dinner in a matter of minutes. The meat turns out wonderfully tender and flavorful without a lot of work. If you want some extra classic steak dinner taste serve it up with some homemade A1 Steak Sauce and enjoy.
Seared Cube Steaks have a super quick cooking time. To keep each cooked filet warm while you sear the others, put them on a plate, and cover them in tin foil to trap the heat. They’ll only be sitting for a few minutes before the entire dinner is ready to serve.
You can serve Cube Steaks for a holiday or just on a week night if you’re craving steak. Serve them up with your favorite sides like Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Green Beans for the perfect steak dinner. You’ll want to get the sides cooking before the steak because once you start making Seared Cube Steaks the recipe flies by.
Why are they called cube steaks?
Cube Steaks get their name from the indentations on the surface of the meat caused by the meat tenderizer. In order for a sirloin to be considered a cube steak, it has to be flattened and tenderized with a meat mallet. This process tenderizes the meat that usually comes from a tougher cut. It also leaves a pattern of cube indentations along the top of the steak, lending to the name cube steak.
Cube Steak is excellent for an easy steak dinner because it’s inexpensive and as long as you don’t overcook it the meat comes out nice and tender. You’ve probably had cube steak if you’ve ever ordered Chicken Fried Steak. it’s the most common cut of beef to use for that dish. But it can be just as delicious in simple recipes like this one.
MORE STEAK RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE SEARED CUBE STEAKS
- Prep: Tenderize the meat by using a meat tenderizer. Pound each of the four steaks on each side for 5-10 seconds to prep them and make them tender. Season each piece of steak with salt, pepper, and paprika for flavor.
- Cook: Add 2 tablespoons of butter to a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat and let it begin to melt before adding in the seasoned steak. Cook each steak one at a time for 4-5 minutes on eat side. Under 4 minutes will make rare meat, 4 minutes should get you medium, and over that will make medium-well done. Just check the temperature to make sure it’s safe to eat. You want beef to be at least 145 degrees for safe eating.
Create a free account to Save Recipes
VARIATIONS ON SEARED CUBE STEAKS
- Seasonings: There are so many different flavors you can add to your steak depending on what seasonings you use. Prep the steak with minced garlic, fresh basil, fresh thyme, and fresh rosemary.
- Marinade: To make the Cube Steaks extra tender, you can marinate the steaks overnight before searing them. Try making our easy Steak Marinade with soy sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, basil, and rosemary.
- Garlic Butter: Try making an easy garlic butter to serve the Seared Cube Steak with. You can mix together 1/2 cup butter, 6 cloves minced garlic, and 1/4 cup of mixed herbs including chives, basil, parsley, and rosemary. Once the butter is ready and the steak is cooked, serve them up with a dollop of butter on top.
EASY SIDES TO SERVE WITH SEARED CUBE STEAKS
HOW TO STORE SEARED CUBE STEAKS
- Serve: After cooking the Seared Cube Steaks, don’t leave them out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- Store: Let the steaks cool down then put them in a ziplock bag or other airtight container to store in the fridge. They’ll keep well for 3-4 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze steak for 2-3 months. Let the steaks thaw in the fridge then reheat them in the skillet for a few minutes before serving.
Seared Cube Steaks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
Using a meat tenderizer, pound the steaks on each side for 5-10 seconds to tenderize them.
- Add butter to a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, and paprika.
Cook cube steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side on medium-high heat until cooked through.