Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast with marinated white meat and peppers in a spicy black bean sauce.Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast is the latest in the roundup of Panda Express recipes on this little blog. In case you’re wondering what is with the full court press of these Panda Express copycat recipes, it is because I am putting the finishing touches on the Panda Express eCookbook with ALL the recipes.
Keeping track of all the Panda Express copycat recipes here on the blog?
- Panda Express Orange Chicken
- Panda Express Mushroom Chicken
- Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast (you’re here!)
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Fried Rice
- Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken
- Panda Express Beijing Beef
- Panda Express Mandarin Teriyaki Chicken
- Panda Express Sweet and Sour Sauce
- Panda Express String Bean Chicken Breast
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Rangoon
- Panda Express Beef and Broccoli
- Panda Express Sweetfire Chicken Breast
- Invest in a wok. It can be a second hand one or an inexpensive option on Amazon, but a wok will make your prep and cooking infinitely easier.
- Learn to slice meat thinly, against the grain. Most Panda Express recipes include beef or chicken cut wide and thin (I think it is to make the pieces look larger, haha) so pay close attention to your prep. If you slice the beef too thick it will NOT be as tender.
- Prep your vegetables ahead of time. Once you’re working with your wok everything has to be in grabbing distance and able to be added quickly or your food will overcook.
- Cook quickly. When you’re working in a wok, things happen fast and flavors stay crisp, so don’t keep simmering or cooking the food.
- Authentic ingredients. Yeah it may suck to spend 8 dollars on a bottle of sesame oil, but that sauce will make you so many delicious meals that by the time you finish the bottle you will be completely at peace with the cost of it. 😉
Panda Express Firecracker Chicken Breast (Copycat)
- 12 ounces chicken boneless skinless breast , cut into long thin pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 pieces whole dry chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black beans , washed (these are pretty optional, but I left them in to preserve authenticity)
- 1 red bell pepper , diced into 1" strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper , diced into 1" strips
- 1/2 white onion , sliced into 3/4 inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon white wine (any cooking wine would work here including Shaoxing wine)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix the sesame oil, cooking wine, soy sauce, cornstarch mix and water in a small cup.
- Heat wok over high flame. Add canola oil until it is heated through.
Add chicken breast and cook over high heat for 1 minute.
Remove the chicken and add in the onions and red and yellow bell pepper and cook for 30 seconds.
To the pan of vegetables, add whole dry chili peppers into skillet and stir until they darken, for about 30 seconds.
Add the ginger, garlic, crushed red chili pepper and washed black beans into skillet and stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and the mixed sauce ingredients to the pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
Authentic Recipe from Panda Express!